The Karoo Backpackers is situated in the Western Cape on the N1 between Johannesburg and Cape Town in Beaufort West, the heart of the Great Karoo. The accomodation ranges from single rooms to dormitory rooms. All rooms in this wonderfully restored National Monument are very spacious and clean. The comfortable mattresses are oversized to give you that extra comfy good night's rest. You will find us on the main road in this quaint Karoo town, close to all amenities.
We serve the most awesome breakfasts, at any time you like! Enjoy some mouthwatering home cooked meals, have a real South African braai and taste some of our world famous Karoo Lamb Chops. We are open throughout the year, with a wonderful team taking good care of you!
Come, relax and experience the vastness, the peacefulness and the tranquility of the Great Karoo!!
We are devoted to
Cleanliness and Comfort
- Comfortable mattresses
- Duvets and hot-water bottles in winter
- Clean and crisp white linen provided
- Towels at no extra charge
- Overnight laundry service and ironing available
- Free tea and coffee at all times.
- Huge fully equipped self-catering kitchen
- Small Karoo Breakfast: toast, cornflakes/muesli, milk, butter, jam
- Big Karoo Breakfast: bacon and eggs, boerewors, grilled tomato, cheese, jam, butter, toast, milk, muesli and cornflakes
- Home cooked meals: chilli con carne, tasty spinach lasagne, pizza
- Braaipacks: Try our world famous Karoo Lamb, relax by the fire and enjoy a fantastic Karoo evening!
- Friendly and professional service
- Wifi vouchers for sale
- Touristic and sightseeing information
- Reception is open from 06:00 - 22:00
- Security guard: Throughout the night
A few hundred meters after the traffic circle on the left hand side you will see a brown Victorian double storey house, at 25 Donkin Street.
From Cape Town:
Just follow the N1 through and up to the end of town. A few hundred meters before the traffic circle you will find the Karoo Backpackers on your right hand side, a brown Victorian double storey house, at 25 Donkin Street.