A bright, comfortable old Karoo house - Aandster is stylishly furnished, well equipped for self-catering and decorated with original art works. In it's previous life it was, amongst other things, a Nieu Bethesda home, a shop and Clive Laurence's sculpture studio, “The Rusty Lizard”. Some of Clive's original works remain in the Zen-inspired, walled garden. The working windmill feeds an old cement reservoir, handy for a refreshing dip on hot summer afternoons spent relaxing in Nieu Bethesda.
Lying in the heart of Nieu Bethesda, Aandster has 3 bedrooms (one in the garden), one bathroom with a shower and a bath, a spacious open-plan lounge, dining and kitchen area and a private garden with a braai and swing for the kids. Depending on the season you can light a fire in the woodburner in the lounge or sunbathe in the walled garden. Crisp cotton linen keeps you cool in summer and woollen duvets and mohair blankets warm winter nights. Karoo Lavender toiletries perk up your shower.
Aandster can accommodate up to 12 guests.
GPS : 31° 52' 2.61" S / 24° 33' 8.32" E
Please note: these co-ordinates and directions take you to the Karoo Lamb which is the reception for this property.
- Take the N9 towards Middelburg
- After 31 km turn left onto the Nieu Bethesda Road
- As you enter the village (where the fields end) turn first left, follow the road round to the right and the Karoo Lamb is on the left at the end of the block.
- Take the N9 towards Graaff-Reinet
- After 56 km turn right onto the Nieu Bethesda Road
- Enter the village (where the fields begin) and continue to the T-junction
- Turn right and continue four blocks
- Turn left at the T-junction and the Karoo Lamb is the first on the right.