In the heart of the picturesque village of Bedford, you’ll find a charming little establishment called ‘The Duke of Bedford Inn’.
The old Victorian hotel, which for many years stood here in ruin, has been lovingly restored and upgraded. Comfortable en-suite rooms have been created within the original old stone walls.
In the traditional wing the worn old wooden floors bear testament to the history of the building and wherever possible as much of the old has been retained to enhance the new.
The Duke of Bedford Inn is situated in Donkin Street, Bedford, Eastern Cape close to all local amenities. A historic Victorian establishment, formerly known as the Bedford Hotel, 'The Duke’ has recently been extensively upgraded and renovated and after standing silent for many years has finally been reopened.
- 18 en-suite rooms with showers – a combination of double and twin rooms
- 1 en-suite family room which sleeps 4 in single beds
- 1 en-suite double room with shower and bath
- 1 suite with shower and bath, sitting room, kitchenette (Sink, fridge, microwave and kettle) and dining table which seats 4. Inter-leading to twin room
- All accommodation rooms are fully air-conditioned
- All rooms will have televisions (we currently have 6)
- 5 of the rooms have balcony access through french doors
- The rooms are a combination of standard business travel rooms and something a little more elegant to appeal to the tourists